i have my chickens today

truckguy

Chirping
7 Years
May 14, 2012
well after months here and there working on my coup I have my chickens today. I have 3 Rhode Island Reds and 1 Barred Rock "Plymouth Rock" as I like to call them. they are about 3 to 4 months old

how old do they have to be before they start producing eggs?

don't worry about the little bit of grass in there it will be gone very soon. I put sand in the coup. I read about that here on this forum.

here are some photos before I added the sand

the laying boxes they are not like I have seen on here but they can be removed if needed to be.

here is the run area for them I may add to the left here under the tree at a later date.

and the coup

as with any projects there is always improvements to be made. this was the first chicken coup I have ever made.

clap.gif
You should start getting eggs in about 2 months. Neat little place you have there.

I may have to rethink the way I feed these guys. they have successfully made a huge mess of it. not surprised though. i have taken most of the food out of the tube today. i will let them finish off what is in there and add accordingly.

any other ideas will be welcome.

they figured out the water nipples I have in the coup. didn't take long for that to happen.

Back
Top Bottom