I have my first egg customer!

Tiffrz-N-Kidz

Songster
9 Years
Jul 29, 2010
Aledo, TX
And the girls aren't even laying yet!
lol.png
They were 23 weeks on Wednesday so I am doing the eggticipation dance.

I was just talking to the lady that runs our little cafeteria downstairs and we got to talking about grass fed beef and she mentioned how she loved farm fresh eggs and next thing I knew...
ya.gif

Come on girls! We have an order to fill. :)

Last edited:
Once the word gets out there are people waiting in line. I'm already getting calls to "save" an extra dozen or so for baking projects. Congrats on launching your egg business...

wee.gif
That's Awesome!!

We give six or even twelve to the in laws if we get a surplus, FIL told MIL not to cook with those eggs, they're for eating.
big_smile.png

And then lady that owns local business I visit often talked about being raised on a farm, saves all her cartons for me (MIL does NOT grr) so she also gets a 1/2d when I can.

Jeesh. I even did a spreadsheet to show DH that my "egg money" would pay off the building supplies, feed, etc... Put it on an amortization schedule, even!
roll.png

Just have to sell 7 six-packs of eggs a month at $2/per, and eat our regular amount that we would normally buy at the store to reach "break even" point! Above and beyond is bonus $$ (Hatching eggs in the spring?? A Chicken flock gaurdian puppy?? Who knows what the egg money will bring...!!
big_smile.png
)

And now I have my colleagues lining up for my lovely eggs! Life is good...

When I started selling them at work, people were stealing eggs from one another they were so popular!

People LOVE farm eggs. Selling them is usually not a problem.

Eggs are going up in the store too. My store is getting almost $4 a dozen now for regular brown eggs (not organic or free range). I'm only charging $3 a dozen.

My little 8 RIRs are only 7 weeks old, & I have a neighbor who has 3 grown children at home. When she heard I had chickens, she offered to buy at least 2 dozen eggs per week at $3 per dozen. She said that's what they're going through right now & she'd much rather have home grown eggs. My brother has also agreed to buy 1 dozen per week. I have got to remember to save some for DH & I!

I am just really excited to find other like minded people. It is refreshing to talk to people who prefer knowing where their food comes from and are willing to support someone like me rather than give me 50 reasons why they think I am stupid to have chickens.

I know this is not a money making operation, but $3 is $3 and add that to another $3 and another and another, and there's a bag of feed paid out of their butts, not out of my salary.
woot.gif

Quote:
Eh, it is for me. My egg customers just up and quit calling me. No reason, they just quit.
idunno.gif
rant.gif

My mom was taking extra for someone at her work too, and she quit wanting more....

No clue why. My eggs hardly EVER even have meat spots or anything that might freak someone out, most are as perfect as they come, and of course they taste so much better than store bought - so no clue why people just stop wanting them

Back
Top Bottom