I have never seen so many ads for rehoming.....

SarahBeth9394

Songster
11 Years
Aug 23, 2008
I've been on my local freecycle group for over a year. In the last 3 weeks it's just been inundated with ads to rehome animals. Sure it's kitten season and yes there's been plenty of kittens and pups to give away. But the ads to give away dogs over 6 months old just keep coming. Last year there were a couple. This year there's 5 times as many.

my vet said its getting worse... they are taking in tons of kittens. one horrible situation was a litter of kittens found in a house that had been repo'd. the people left their pregnant cat. the momma cat was dead but the kittens were still alive and taken to the vet - she finished bottle feeding them then i think we were all rehomed.

If you remember I had posted a rant about a lady who was looking for a GP and she had a very small yard. Well she got a pair of them. This last week she put up an add for 12 kittens from two different litters. All I can hope is that at least one of the cats is a neighborhood cat and not hers. She did say one was getting spayed. But why wait till the cat gets knocked up before thinking it's time for spaying. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom