I have new baby birds!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Danigirl3, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Danigirl3

Danigirl3 Songster

May 13, 2009
    Central Maine
    Not sure if this is the right forum or not but I have to share. Several weeks ago (seems like it anyway) my oldest was clearing brush where we were going to build a new coop. Well in the brush he found a nest with 4 little bright blue eggs. So onto plan b and thinking of a new spot to put the coop.lol I took some photos of the eggs and have been trying to figure out what kind of bird it was. I was pretty sure it's not a robin. About a week or so ago I looked and only three eggs now. [​IMG] It seemed like it had been so long I figured they were not going to hatch. I have seen a bird in the area so was pretty sure she was still laying on them. Well I went out this morning to look again and there was three little grey babies with bug eyes and a little fuzz here and there. I am very excited about this. I have not told my 14 year old b/g twins about the nest or eggs. They are very responsible and mature but didn't want to take the chance of the constant curiosity. Not sure yet if I will tell them or not. I will post pics as soon as I figure out how to get them from my camera to my computer.

2. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    How exciting, can't wait for pictures!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: