I have no idea what is wrong! Swollen feet, head mass..

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by NewChickyMommy, Mar 14, 2012.

1. NewChickyMommy

NewChickyMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    West Virginia
    This chick is about 2-3 weeks old and just isn't acting normal. She isn't really interested in eating, but eats enough to survive. Her feet are swollen and funny looking. She has a weird spot on the back of her head (below are pictures I tried to take sorry they aren't very good). She's alot smaller than the rest and her comb is black (i know she might be a he but that doesn't matter to me). Should I put her out of her misery or is there hope? I don't know what to do... We have been giving her vitamins too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Looks like lice eggs on the area of the bare spot. You could dust her and You could treat with for coccidiosis to see if that helps correct anything. Give vitamins to help energy.

3. NewChickyMommy

NewChickyMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    West Virginia
    The mass is kind of like a hard mass? And her feet are so very swollen! What causes swollen feet?

4. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I dont know, a heart defect can cause body swelling, poor circulation ....... Possible infection..... Perhaps put her on an antibiotic to see if anything improves.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by