I have no idea..

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sdaikus, Nov 14, 2016.

1. sdaikus

sdaikus Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2016
    So here's the story..I noticed a few weeks ago one of my girls had diarrhea. I figured out it was due to some over loving from my father in law.. He gives them all the left over greens from the garden.. I saw it was getting stuck to her feathers, but I assumed she would shed feathers and that would solve that. Well it didn't.. And yesterday when I picked her up she was all clogged back there. She had a huge ball of poop stuck to her feathers and her vent was very swollen, not too red though? Weird... Anyways I cleaned her up and gave her 1/2 a low dose aspirin for the swelling. today she seems a little off/tired, but ok I guess- she is walking around following the other girls. I saw her poop a few times.. She does seem like she's straining a little and then this little skinny poops come out. She also isn't laying yet -just incase that's important.

She is about 30 weeks.. i felt inside her and I don't feel an egg.. I went an inch but no further, she seemed very tight and her muscles were pulsating the whole time. Although.. She did shoot out fluid after the first time I inserted my finger? She's eat all organic layer pellets, water is always available, she eat cucumbers, raspberries, bananas, and lots of greens from the garden.

I hope the video I attached worked.. It almost seems like she can't see? But I know she can bc she runs from me haha.. When she pecks she pecks the air .. Like she can't reach the ground? It's weird she is increasing less spunky every day..

I felt.. What I think is her crop and i feel a hardish bean shaped thing. Is something stuck? Idk what to do for her. Now I'm thinking her poop and her activity level are un related..[​IMG]

2. sdaikus

Mar 20, 2016
    [​IMG]

3. sdaikus

Mar 20, 2016
    The morning and nights are 28-30 degrees now. Should I bring her inside?? Idk how to help this little one

4. sdaikus

Mar 20, 2016
    [​IMG]

5. sdaikus

Mar 20, 2016
    [​IMG]

6. sdaikus

Mar 20, 2016
    These poops are from this AM..

Any ideas anyone!? I'm at a loss. She isn't eating or drinking (unless I force water to her) she's pecking at the air? I raised her food and water to the level where she pecks.. It's like she can reach the floor to peck? Her energy level is lower then normal.. I see her vent pulse like she has to poop but nothing comes out. I felt for an egg.. I feel nothing.. I feel a hard kidney bean sized lump to the right of her breast bone.

Any ideas???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by