I have no onee to release on, can I do it here???

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by cknmom, Dec 15, 2008.

1. cknmom

cknmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    I don't work outside the home, I don't make phone calls, I don't have much contact with anyone other than my DH, DGD, and DGS. Sometimes I need a release. Around the holidays it seems do be worse(imagine that!!).

Sometimes I just need to release, I don't knoww where else to do it. I don't like to intrude in anyones lives but I don't know how else to release it.

If anyone has aany suggestionss of where this would be more appropriate, okay.

Monica

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    "Releasing" occurs in a bathroom, right? [​IMG]

If you mean venting, we're all ears. LOL

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Vent away cknmom! I totally understand. I stay at home and by my own choice, I don't have much of a social life. Much better that way, less drama! This IS my socialization and interaction.

4. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    if you cant release on all your chicken friends who can you release on....right....I am a stay at home mom too...it can get lonely and you feel like no one cares.....

5. Verboten

Verboten Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Southern Oregon
    Quote:Go for it! There is a random ramblings section that may be more appropriate depending on what you would like to talk about.

6. tackyrama

tackyrama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2008
    Central Minnesota USA
    I'm truly sorry for your problems. I firmly believe that interaction with people is essential for everyone. You need to get out and about. I am retired and go for coffee every morning and play cribbage with my pals. If I had to stay home 24/7 with my wife as my only companion we would both go bonkers very soon.
    Some suggestions: Coffee group, cards, church, volunteering. Great satisfaction can be gained through volunteering. One great and very much needed area is at a veterans home or hospital if you are near one. Those poor people get shot up or mentally broke down and are forgot about. Nursing homes are full of lonely people. One thing volunteering does is make one forget about our troubles when we see others more in need than ourselves. Hope this helps, Stan

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  7. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Splitting wood does wonders for me.

8. cknmom

cknmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    Shellie-

Thanks-

I wasn't expecting such a quick answer. I am overloaded with emotions. We have a daughter in Afghanistan. We have guardianship of her oldest son. We have permanent guardianship of our oldest grand-daughter.
    I can't find a job, I need one where I stay at home and don't get hammered with taxes or permit fees.

I can find many things to do at home. DH doesn't want anyone we don't know in the home. I don't drive(I am working on it).

I have many ways to make money if DH keeps out of it. I have no credit card or bank account. I try to do any money making under the table or like cleaning for a co.

My dream is to be writing and be published. Maybe somedaaay!!!

It is hard for me to be the one to be complaining, I am used to be the one listening.
    Sometimes it''s nice to be the one off-loading. I don't do it much, but sometimes it's needed.

Monica

9. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Let me guess, when you do complain you feel guilty? Thats where I am at. It sounds like you do have your share of worry. It sounds like you need to sit DH down and explain that if you are going to help with the finances then you need his support.

10. Verboten

Verboten Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Southern Oregon
    Quote:I agree. I would add that you need to find out what your husbands objections are - security of stuff, concern for your safety (probably) and discuss them.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by