I Have NO Self Control!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mylilchix, Mar 12, 2009.

1. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Ahhh!! I can't buy anymore more chicks, I can't buy any more chicks... If I keep saying that enough maybe I'll believe that! [​IMG] I have 2, 13 week old Pekins in my living room waiting on me to finish their coop. I have 6 chicks in the brooder, 5 eggs in the bator, 6 chicks coming form Ideal at the end of the month, 3 chicks coming from a local breeder, and now Murdoch's has chicks!!! [​IMG] Please God give me strength when I go buy chicken supplies to not come home with fuzzy butts.

Sonja

2. chickedydoodaa

chickedydoodaa Taking a break

Feb 8, 2009
    Philadelphia PA
    Ok don't buy any more chicks, buy an incubator and start buying eggs instead to hatch, it will feed your addiction longer and keep you busy with much to look forward to! buying chicks is a quicker fix, hatching eggs is a better addiction. [​IMG]

3. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Be sure to take pics when you get'm home Sonja [​IMG]

4. mylilchix

Thanks for you support!! lol [​IMG]

Chickedydoodaa, I did buy an incubator. It's not helping, it's only making the problem worse. Now I can get my quick fix with day old chicks and spend money on hatching eggs.

I think I better plan on building a bigger coop!!!

Sonja

5. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    What Murdochs are you going to? On Santa Fe or is there one closer to you?

And you're very welcome, just let me know when you need more (support) [​IMG]

6. mylilchix

The one on Santa Fe. They're having a big sale on a lot of their chicken stuff. I'm hoping to get down there Saturday or Sunday. Hopefully they'll be sold out of chicks by then!! [​IMG] Do you need a copy of their ad?
    Sonja

7. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    [​IMG] Ummm, no thanks

Although, if you find chick starter cheaper than $15 something for a 50lb bag let me know would ya.....

8. mylilchix

I'd be happy to!!

9. Oceanseve

Oceanseve Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Guthrie, OK
    Just set a goal and stick to it. I made a final goal for the year to get some light brahmas (something to keep me occupied for a while and restrain me from bringing home anything else) w/o ordering them. I finally found some yesterday and I feel MUCH better this morning. I don't feel the need to buy any more chics [​IMG] (we'll see how long that lasts)

10. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    I notice no one is really trying to talk her out of her purchasing problem!!! you guys kill me!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by