I have pictures....What chickens are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by clheck28, Jun 15, 2008.

1. clheck28

clheck28 Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2008
    [​IMG]

This is our part-time rooster, BB. Does anyone know what kind of rooster he is?

[​IMG]

I just bought these babies and realized they have 5 toes. What type of chickens are these?

[​IMG]

Thanks to any help you can give me. The guy said these are ameracaunas but they have 5 toes? Their skin is the orangish fleshy color of regular chicken legs. Not black like my silkies???

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The white ones look like Silkie crosses. Crossed with what is anybody's guess. In no way are they Ameraucanas. In the second pic, the middle one that is rumpless appears to be an Araucana, but someone will have to say if it's pure or not. The rooster looks like a cross and the rose comb says either Dominique or Wyandotte to me.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    No clue, but be careful with those bands around their legs. The bigger they grow, if you don't catch them in time, they'll grow in to their legs/skin.

I'm leaning towards Polish crosses on them, though. The white ones, black ones and the silver laced looking ones.

4. speckledhen

Could be Polish, like Cindy said, but they are definitely crosses of something with a crest.

5. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    They almost have a Sultan look to them which stumped me.

I wish people would stop selling chickens as something they aren't. It confuses everybody...then again...I'm guessing they're confused to begin with, too! ;-)

6. speckledhen

I could see Sultan as well. Good eye, Cindy! Who knows? Definitely not Ameraucanas, that's for certain.

7. clheck28

clheck28 Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2008
    Thanks everyone for the help. I got confused with what I was told they were...I was told they are easter egger mongrels. Sorry if I confused anyone. I wanted to know what they were mixed with to have 5 toes. I didn't know any chickens had 5 toes until we were accidentally shipped a silkie chicken and then I thought silkies were the only chickens with 5 toes....aren't I stupid. LOL! [​IMG]

8. KierBri

KierBri Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    ne conneticut
    5 toes, crests, and leg feathering....got me.
    on the roo...maybe a columbian wyndotte

9. KierBri

KierBri Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    ne conneticut
    i checked on feathersite, they look like sultans, five toes, leg feather, crests, don't know what vulture hocks are [​IMG]...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by