I have pipping!! (pics added)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by farmertank, May 2, 2008.

1. farmertank

farmertank Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    Linden TN
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I put 5 eggs in my 'bator after my roo died and have really been holding my breath that they would hatch. Today is day 20 and 2 are at the pip stage and 1 wiggles a little. I'm so excited, and now I have to leave for work and be gone for thirteen hours. [​IMG] How will I ever stand it not knowing what's going on?!!

Oh well I'll keep you posted and I'll get pics maybe later.

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Good job!!...Here's to a great hatch!!..Good thing your off to work...that keeps the Do not open the bator in good shape!!

3. tntstanifer

tntstanifer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2007
    Tennessee
    Woohooo! HOpe you have a great hatch & that your day goes by fast so you can get home and see you new little chickies [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. farmertank

Apr 28, 2007
    Linden TN
    my day was way to long lol. I'm so tired.

I had 2 hatch, but one died. The one that is alive is black with fuzzy feet. I'm sure the mother was my dark brahma and I know the father was my blue cochin. I will get pics tomorrow I'm so tired and he's sleeping peacefully.

I have 2 more piped and one that is peeping in it's shell, but no piping yet. I hope I have surprises when I get up in the morning. [​IMG]

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Good luck! [​IMG]

6. Myst4

Myst4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    good luck and fingers crossed for you!

7. farmertank

Apr 28, 2007
    Linden TN
    [​IMG] 2 more hatched and they look like they are going to be silver. I think they have feathers on there feet too. I know the one yesterday does because he fliped on his back while I was peeking in the window lol. I have one more that is piped. I have another day at work(not as long). I am hoping that he is hatched and dry by the time I get home. Then I will get pics. I just don't want to open the cover and I don't think the pics will turn out through the window.

I can't wait to show them off.

Julie [​IMG]

8. Myst4

Myst4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Quote:Awww congrats, I bet they are cutie-pa-tooties. I am on day 20.I hope mine are ok. No pips yet [​IMG]

9. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    [​IMG]
    After a long day of work, what a welcome sight! Congratulations!

10. farmertank

Apr 28, 2007
    Linden TN
    ok here is pics of my four babies. I think they are so beautiful. but I'm really into the gray and blue look.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by