I have pipping!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wmsmith09, Oct 4, 2011.

1. wmsmith09

wmsmith09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2011
    So I have 4 Lavender Silkie eggs (had 7 three weren't fertelized or died before begining to form) and one is chirping and pipping [​IMG] and I'm so excited [​IMG] , this is my first chick since the last batch of eggs I had a month ago. [​IMG] I was so worried it wouldn't hatch, because about 5 days ago we had a storm and the electric went out (it's in an incubator) It went out for 3-4 hours and the temp dropped quite abit. So everyone cross your fingers that this little one and the others hatch. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Weeeeee [​IMG]

3. crazypetlady

crazypetlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah!!!!!Happy hatching. I haven't hatched for 7 weeks now I'm having withdrawls..........

4. wmsmith09

Sep 19, 2011
    I know it's addictive, I love seeing them hatch!

5. chookhead

chookhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    what do u guys do when ur chicks hatch from the incubator coz i am more traditional and i let the broody take care of them do u have to do wat she would normally do ???? wats ur strategy

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have a coop I use for grow-out.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    how exciteing! I just love hatch day!

8. wmsmith09

Sep 19, 2011
    Quote:I made my own brooder, which has high edges and a top, so when they learn they can jump and fly they do not do it out of it. It has a heat lamp which keeps them warm and I keep their food and water close by. And there is always an area where they can go to cool off if they get to warm. I also try to handle them everyday so that they are well socialized, I am the first person they see and the first to hold and talk to them. I am officially a mother of chickens... and I love them [​IMG]

9. wmsmith09

Sep 19, 2011
    I see a beak!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. wmsmith09

Sep 19, 2011
    And finally a tiny little chick. [​IMG] [​IMG] But I haven't seen any pipping on the others, which makes me worried. [​IMG] Granted I can't see all sides of the eggs, but I haven't heard any chirping either. I hope they're okay. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by