I have predator stealing my eggs.

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by lkazma, Sep 3, 2014.

1. lkazma

lkazma Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2014
    I have had eggs come up missing and I know that they are missing because I had went in coop early morning there were 4 eggs and I was not able to carry them because I had recently had foot surgery and was on crutches so when I went back there was only one egg remaining. Same thing happened today and so I am thinking a snake has been the culprit. I need to get rid of it and need to know the best way to go about doing this I am not a snake person so this makes it more difficult but needs to be gone.

2. Howlet

Howlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2014
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Do you have any close neighbors?? lol i was reading a post and she caught 2 of her neighbors on camera in her yard stealing eggs at like 5 AM XD

3. lkazma

Mar 23, 2014
    No because I give them eggs weekly. I did spy a baby possum yesterday so I am thinking he is the culprit going to try and trap him.

4. loftkeeper

loftkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2013
    put golf balls in if they disappear snake and you wont have to worry about it anymore find them and eggs missing have something else getting them

5. chickengeorgeto

chickengeorgeto Overrun With Chickens

Dec 25, 2012
  6. lkazma

Mar 23, 2014
    Yes I have heard about the minnow traps also I have two crazy chickens that like to lay in my planter boxes outside so it is like a true egg hunt although we built them some nice nesting boxes. Any suggestions on how to get them to lay in the nesting boxes instead.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by