I have puppies! -added pics-

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Corey NC, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Our yorkshire terrier (Promise) went into labor this morning around 9:30 and just finished at 12:00. We have 3 boys and one girl, all but one little boy are doing well. The littlest boy is having breathing problems and won't nurse so prayers are needed for him. This is my first time delivering a litter by myself with out my mom's help, it went pretty well even though we had two pups that were breech. I will get pics up soon.

Keep the little guy in your thoughts and prayers.

Here is Momma (Promise) and Dad (Champ)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is Momma and the Babies

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will update with pics each week so you guys can all see how fast they grow.

2. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    They are so cute and little. That is a lot of puppies for one so small. My choc. lab had 9. Now, hopefully she is pregnant again and expecting them around Nov. 17th. Christmas puppies. Congrats on the puppies, and prayers for little man.

3. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Awww... they are so cute. I hope all goes well and the smallest one gains strenght. Congrats!

4. Corey NC

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    he's doing better, I've gotten him to nurse some and his breathing is better. In the last pic he is the one on the end, you can really see the difference in size between hi and the other pups.

5. joebwe25

joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Oh they're so cute!!

6. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Good thoughts going your way!

7. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    They are sooo cute!!!

I once had a male who looked a lot like yours, blue & gold, so I am wondering about how much yours weighs. My boy was 3 lbs soaking wet. Such a sweet baby. But most are much bigger.

8. Corey NC

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I think he is about 4 lbs. and my girl is about 5lbs. so far they usually give us long legged thin boys and short and stout females.

9. snugglepup

snugglepup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Creedmoor, NC
    Wow, that is a huge litter for a toy breed. Good luck with them!

10. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    You're in TROUBLE!!! I am SOOOOO at your house to get a puppy now!!! That is if DH would "allow" me to get one. I LOVE the pic of momma with the big belly and ninnies!!!! I love pregnant animals, they're so much cuter than pregnant people. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by