I have question related to eggs and one with breeding

Animal-lover339

Songster
5 Years
Oct 10, 2018
Puerto rico
So I have started with pigeons about one year ago I had bought fantails now I have many homing birds and a pair of modenas so my first question is can a cracked egg hatch I read if you taped the crack ad long as the membrane isn't broken it could hatch and as long as it wasn't exposed to bacteria so I taped it of course now I'm not sure if this works that is why I'm asking and if it does work what are the chances of it surviving

My second question is I bought a pair of modenas about 3 or 4 months ago and I wanted to know why aren't they mating the leg band in the male says 2018 and the female is 2016 now I don't know if age affects them but I wanted to know because I have heard they are pretty hard to breed but I'm not sure I'm knew to them and I just wanted to ask and make sure

The taped egg may hatch. Next time try sealing the cracks with wax. That seems to work better.

Do the modenas act like a mated pair ? Just because you have a male and a female does not mean they will bond. If mated they will eventually nest. Good luck.

The taped egg may hatch. Next time try sealing the cracks with wax. That seems to work better.

Do the modenas act like a mated pair ? Just because you have a male and a female does not mean they will bond. If mated they will eventually nest. Good luck.
Oh oksy thank you very much will do

Well they do like they kiss each other like if they want to mate but they don't I bought them as a tried pair I even bought their chicks

Back
Top Bottom