I have some good news!!! For all fat girls.

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
I stopped dieting 3 years ago at 260 lbs. This past week I went to the doctor and I about passed out. 198.4. Good fats and real meat are the way to go. My cholesterol is down, my blood pressure is normal for the first time in just about forever. FRESH fruits and veggies that you ENJOY. Find a yogurt that you love and stick with it. See? Fat girls do not have to live eating foods they hate just to try to stay smaller.

One thing I learned about me. I hate iceberg lettuce. I love bitter greens for a salad, and I started throwing all kinds of stuff in there and I find I have pretty good salad thing going on. Balsamic dressing is a fav of mine and you sure don't need a lot to get a really good flavor.

I hate carrots too. I never want to eat another carrot as long as I live. But I can eat green beans every day of the week.
big_smile.png

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and so proud of you!

I had gastric bypass surgery several years ago, and I KEEP the weight off by eating as you have suggested. I eat lots of meats, mostly lean but the occasional not-so-lean (grin), lots of fresh fruits and veggies, NO rice, pasta maybe once every 6 months, and only toasted bread once in a blue moon (your body processes toasted bread differently than soft bread).

My cholesterol has gone from the 220s to about 135. My blood sugar is never, ever elevated anymore. And I tell ya true, nothing keeps ya feeling better than fresh eggs every morning
smile.png

Quote:
While you have some dietary restrictions, it is still the same concept with how I have decided to live. Do you know that for the last three holidays seasons I have not gained any weight? I don't look at food the same way anymore. I actually think in another three years I may be at an optimum weight!!! I am really surprised how well not dieting worked for me.

Quote:
Worked for me too
big_smile.png

Amazing what happens when you stop counting all kinds of things and just focus on what you like that is healthy. I still have me a cheeseburger and onion rings, but not as often. I refuse to eat ANYTHING I am not enjoying. I have left restaurants hungry - I used to just eat it because I was paying for it. Now I bring it back for someone else to eat if I am not enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom