I have some mille de fleurs.........

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Remudamom, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Remudamom

Remudamom Chillin' With My Peeps

I think they are Mille de fluer D'uccles. Am I right in thinking that Mille de Fleur is a color and D'uccle is a breed? If so, what other breeds come in Mille de fluer?

2. Yes Mille Fleur is a color pattern.... D'Uccle is a breed. Most people when they say they have Mille Fleurs are talking about Mille Fleur d'Uccle's but it is best to ask what breed. When I first decided I wanted to buy some Mille Fleur d'Uccle eggs years ago I was not aware you must make sure what your buying is d'Uccle and I ordered Mille Fler eggs off Ebay to incubate and I did get some beautiful Mille Fleurs but the were Cocins & Frizzles not the d'Uccle's I was wanting[​IMG] so I went on to educate myself a little better about the breed of Mille Fleur I wanted and tried again and finally hatched out my 12 beautiful Bearded Belgian Mille Fleur d'Uccle's I wanted and my Milles today are out of that original 12 I started out with 15 years ago. Over the years I have crossed my Mille Fleur d'Uccle roosters on various other breeds and most of time the Mille Fleur pattern does not show up much on the first generation cross but if you go for that second generation cross I get some beautiful patterns 3rd generation crosses are awsome I had some 3rd generation bred Mille Fleur Silkies one time that were very very pretty.

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    D'uccles are not the only breed that have that pattern. You can also get Dutch bantam with that color. Dutch porcelain are also millies but they have the additional rec. lavender gene.. I will assume you can also get blue millies with the d'uccles. I love the d'uccle millies , they got such spunk for a little chicken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by