I have some questions about Orpington's!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Peachesbabychick, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Peachesbabychick

Peachesbabychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello! I just had a couple of questions about orpington's: 1: I have noticed that some orps are fluffier then others? Why? 2: Where can I purchase some fluffy orps? 3: What is the website for Bamachicken?

Oh and if you have any different colored orps, such as lavender, blue, white, splash, crele .PLEASE pm me and let me know! I love these little beauties!

Thanks so much![​IMG]

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Hi, we have beautiful Blue Black and Splash Orpingtons, Lavendar Orpingtons and also Split Black Lavendar Orpingtons. They are presently in the auction section...Please go see them! Thanks! Nancy

3. cluckfan

cluckfan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Bloomfield KY
    The quality of the bird and its breeding have alot to do with their general appearance. While I am no expert I believe that you should buy the best that you can afford. I have seen many English imported birds seem to look stocky and full feathered. Mine are five months and as they are maturing they are looking quite fluffy. Orpingtons are great birds![​IMG]

4. Peachesbabychick

Peachesbabychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello! Thankyou! Do you have any orps up for sale?

They are fantastic birds!

Thanks.

5. cluckfan

cluckfan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Bloomfield KY
    Quote:Not yet as I amnot breeding this year. I do have some Lavs in the incubator right now but don't know what I'll have or keep yet. I still don't have a buff or white and especially want a Jubliee. I saw some huge birds at the Poultry show in Frankfort KY last week. Going to try to get chicks from that breeder.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by