1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have some really nice coworkers who are enablers....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Apr 15, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I came in this morning and one of my coworkers had left me 14 Buff Orp eggs because I admired his. He also left me 19 Guinea eggs because I commented how funny his acted. Now I have to find room to hatch them, I started the Hova 3 days ago with my duck and call duck eggs in it. I have the LG but was going to use it for a hatcher for the ducks,, I'm kind of at a loss here on what to do. I could put BO eggs in the open slots with duck eggs I guess, if the humidity would be ok. But the Guineas I really don't know what to do there, other than go ahead and use the LG but that leaves me nowhere to hatch the staggered duck and BO!

2. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    That is awesome!! I had a friend give me 8 guinea eggs yesterday!! He is trying to expand my horizons!! LOL!!

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    There really are some nice people out there. One of my problems here is I really don't like Guineas, but it was so sweet of him and his wife to try and make me feel better. They know the stress I'm dealing with right now and are trying to support me the best way they know how. They are really wonderful people.

4. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Quote:Fire up the LG and when it is time to remove the duck eggs move the guineas to the other one and use the lg for your hatcher

5. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    You know Fudgie, I'm glad someone is awake this morning because I am obviously not. Thank you! My stress is getting to me when I can't even see that on my own. Thank heavens we are testing right now rather than teaching, I'm not screwing up my students!

6. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Yay for enablers like that!! I wish I had some near me! [​IMG]

7. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    How lovely.... what a nice person!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by