I have some really skinny chickens

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Sherrykinney, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Sherrykinney

Sherrykinney New Egg

May 14, 2011
    I think my chickens are sick. I have raised most of then from babies we got at tractor supply.We had meat chickens . We have butchered all of them.They have food all the time . They are not free range they are confined to a run (too many neighborhood chicken killers ).I wormed them a couple of weeks ago. because thats when I started seeing them losing weight( thought it might be worms) .Some seem to have the runs but not all . A couple have labored breathing . We had a problem with their eyes on a couple being kinda wet and half closed but I dont see that anymore . The man at the feed store told me to try Duramycin -10. they were on that in there water for 7 days . It didnt seem to help much. My Babys are from 12 to 18 weeks old and I brought home 4 cinnamon queens and 2 ees that were 9 mos old (thats what we were told ) they have all been together for about 6 weeks now . They were seprate for while . Whatever this is it is affecting all the birds the same.
    My white ee seems the sickest she stands around with her head tucked in .. They seem to be eating good and will eat all kitchen scraps that I take out . Hope someone can give me some ideas this is not as easy as I thougt it would be. Thank you Sherry:(

2. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    what are you feeding?

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    check for mites and lice too

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by