I have some teenage silkies that I need a few more names for.

reveriereptile

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
Northern NY
I got some young silkies a couple weeks ago that are in their teenager stage. I've started naming some but haven't picked out names for all of them yet. I have a sky/weather theme I was going with when I named three out of the seven that I would like to stick with for the others.
So far the largest white silkie is named Cloud. Everytime I looked at him (assuming due to the size) I kept thinking of clouds. The next one I named is a black silkie I call Midnight. Third is a splash silkie named Storm. I kept thinking of thunder clouds when watching her/him but I already had a Cloud and thought Thunder was a little to boyish incase it was a girl. Then while taking a shower the words storm cloud popped in my head and also the Storm from X-Men.
The rest of the silkies are white that haven't been named yet. The only couple of ideas that popped into my head were the names Blizzard and Moonlight. I thought I would come on here to see if anyone had any good sky/weather related names that would be good for some white silkies.

Cirrus is a type of cloud, incus and arcus are shapes of clouds... if you google types of clouds it could be fun to have all the white ones named after cloudy things!

Raen (or Rain, etc.)
Isie
Ice
Crystal
Dewdrop
I like the idea Moonlight.. sounds very pretty.
smile.png

You could name one of the really friendly one's "Sunshine". There is always "Snow" and "Starlight" too. These are ideas that my 10 year old has come up with for you. If you have a really fast one, it could be "Bolt" as in lightening bolt, or "Flash". "Star" is also good for a sky theme.

Quote:
I was thinking that too....my sister named her cat "Cyrrus" after the cirrus clouds.

others (might be a stretch though....):

Sirocco - a Mediterranean word for dust storm

La Nina

gosh, my mind is a blank today
hu.gif
great names though!!!

Here are the names I'm leaning towards.

Moonlight
Star
Cirrus
Blizzard

I'm going to see if I notice anything about their personalities to match the names to. Hard to tell them apart.

I do also have a black Americana that needs a name. Was going with a pirate theme for them. I have a lav. one that I think is a rooster due to the fact that it likes to actually bite your hand. I'm not talking about testing for food but actually bite. It has calmed down since some bigger chickens I had pecked it in the eye. The name I picked for him is Captain Bluebeard. With it being mean, one eye closed (is healing up), and having a beard the only thing I could think of was a pirate. I'm not sure if the black one is a roo or pullet but it seems smaller and less of a comb so I'm leaning towards a pullet. Maybe I could name her Queen Cluck's Revenge after Blackbeard's ship Queen Anne's Revenge.

Back
Top Bottom