I have such big girls!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LizGled628, Aug 11, 2010.

1. LizGled628

LizGled628 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I know only chicken folk will understand how proud I am of my little babies.

Since moving them into their coop last weekend, they've been roosting at night, free ranging in the day, and returning to their coop without incident every evening. I don't even have to go searching for them when they range, they almost always stay within 20 yards of their coop. I love going out there in the morning and opening the coop door to hear six "clunk"'s as they plop down from the roost. We had a dinner party last night and our little ladies were the hit of the night, greeting guests in the yard and putting on a little show for us when they got treats (playing keep away!).

I never ever thought I would love having chickens so much! And I love spreading the chicken love to our friends and family.

2. littlemissjellyfish

littlemissjellyfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Maine
    Aren't chickens the best! Sounds like you have some very well behaved chickies! Mine are 10 weeks and I still have to round them up at night. They don't roost either. They are usually piled up in one corner or near the door. Eventually they will learn!

I'm all about spreading chicken love, too!

3. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    I've got it bad too...if I catch the people at my work rolling their eyes at me while I tell another story about my hens or incubator I think i will have to find another job...maybe as a farmer? LOL

4. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    They are the best conversation starter, aren't they? I also love to spread the chicken love. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] It can only bring JOY!!!

5. LizGled628

LizGled628 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Quote:Thanks! I feel so lucky to have such a healthy, happy batch. I was so worried that they wouldn't roost, come home at night, be friendly, etc. All that worrying for nothing! They are better behaved than my dog and cat!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by