1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have super glued my hands/fingers..help

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by ozark hen, Dec 23, 2009.

1. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    I am not the world's most patient person and I saw where lots of members were using the SuperGlue Gel so I thought I would give it a try [​IMG] I had to remove my wedding ring or it would have been glued to my finger...not that I usually take it off to begin with [​IMG] Now I tried Nail Polish Remover-non acetone, then I smeared Triple Antibiotic Ointment all over my hands...no vaseline in the house [​IMG] I have about removed my fingerprints now! How on earth do you gals use this stuff and not get it all over yourself? Oh, I was trying to decorate my blown out chicken eggs [​IMG]

2. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    [​IMG]

this is extremely hilarious to me only because ive been known to super glue my fingers together a number of times by accident. Usually i use scalding hot wanter or just pick it off / wiggle my finger around. Super glue comes of when it feels like comming off over here lol, good luck!

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

4. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Well, it seems to be coming off in bits and pieces thanks to the greasy ointment. What a mess! Maybe I should have asked How to use the super glue? [​IMG]

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I'm glad you're finding the humor in super glue.

Now I can take a deep breath & [​IMG] publicly

Imp

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  6. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Trust me Imp, I have been cracking up here myself! If you can't laugh at yourself...............I do have a pretty good sense of humor...need it with the stuff I pull!!

7. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    I've done that before! [​IMG] It sucks, but once you finally wiggle free, it's not so bad anymore. I just went to the sink, turned on some hot water, and broke out the dish soap.

8. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    I used dish soap, Fels Napha, nail polish remover, etc. Honestly, I have now found the best thing is to "grease" up those fingers and hands and let it work. I was then able to spend the entire night peeling and picking till it was all gone. Mind you my right thumb still hurts..it was stuck to the tube of super glue and I mean STUCK. I am ready to redo it all today! I think the best thing to do would be to grease up your hands before applying the glue but then I probably won't be able to hang on to anything! [​IMG]

9. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    the nail polish remover with acetone will take it right off. I use super glue that is a gel, not so runny all over the place.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  10. JP33

JP33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Southeast, Louisiana
    I'm glad you got it all off. I would suggest trying olive oil or vegetable oil next time, I think this could work. I would try soaking your hands in it.

...JP

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by