I have the best chickens in the world

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by IDIOT HUSBAND, Dec 5, 2009.

1. IDIOT HUSBAND

IDIOT HUSBAND Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Burgin, KY
    I just had to tell this story and thought everybody at byc would love it. I just have started playing with chickens about 6 months ago. I never thought I would enjoy them the way I have. I've got 15 RIR hens that are as freindly as they can be. I choose the reds because they are great egg layers good table bird and all the older generation always said "we had some of those". I have not been disapointed. They follow me everywhere especially when I go to the garage(that's where I keep the crack corn). I call them my little crack hoes.
    I know that all sounds good but what you really need to hear about is my children Gabriel(6) and Molly(5) who have decided to become vets. I looked outside one day and Molly had a doctor kit that she had gotten for chrismas or a birthday outside and my boy was holding one of the ladies as my girl was working on her. I've never seen a chicken take such harasment as she checked her heart, ears and gave her a shot. Just like she gets at the doctors office. The whole time she didn't flog, flap or even squalk as she recieved her treatment. I wish my children were that calm at the doctors office.
    I hope you can all laugh about this as much as I have. I know God has truly blessed me.

2. MrsChickendad

MrsChickendad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Lennon, Michigan
    Great story! I love to see kids play when they don't know you are watching.

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Great story.

Just wait till you get the vet bill. [​IMG]

Imp

4. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Love your user name

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  5. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:[​IMG]

cute story what good girls!

6. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

So sweet! And [​IMG] [​IMG] at the "vet bill" quip.

I love my chickens, too. [​IMG]

7. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    That's sweet. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by