1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have the best kid ever. Seriously. Everyone else is making monkeys.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Chicken Fruit, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    My little guy (2 years old) is just about potty trained, he's finally got the idea of it down, just figuring out when to go (before its too late). We've only been on this for about 4 days.

Anyway, just now he came dancing over to ask for more cereal, and when I came back with it he was naked on the sofa. So we went to the potty supposing he had to go again.

Bless his little baby heart, he had gone to the bathroom while I was in the kitchen and sat on his little potty just like a big boy.... And peed all over the floor just infront of it... lol. But he did it all on his own!

Guess I gotta teach him how to stick his peepee down in the potty. hehe.

Funny how the smallest little things touch your heart the most when you're a mom. *cries*

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

How truly spoken! Enjoy him, they grow up so fast! [​IMG]

3. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Congrats on the Milestone!! We just mastered the potty. My son is 3 (what a stubborn little booger). After having 2 girls, I never realized what a problem the "pee-pee" is. To help with aim, we use cheerios in the toilet, it helps. I need to throw in a handful of Cheerios before hubby goes in there [​IMG]

4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Yippee. I have a 3 yr old that has FINALLY gotten the hang of when he needs to go ... It's very exciting..... [​IMG]

5. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    He only just realized the other day that its actually COME OUT of his body, and doesnt just magically appear in the toilet.. lol. I still cant get him to pee standing up, even though he's seen daddy do it.

I should try a piece of toilet paper or cheerios or something...

6. Kathy1

Kathy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

cute story, just dont talk to him while he is going, he might turn towards you.... guess how I know that LOL My son did that when learning to go standing up.

I used cherrios but you can also add a bit of blue food coloring to the bowl just a tiny drop then when he goes it will turn green, he got a kick out of that, maybe yours will too.

7. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I have a home daycare and have helped potty train more than my fair share of little boys. I have learned there are a lot less misses if you set them backwards on the big potty. They can learn to stand later. Funny story,this just happened last week. Zachary 3, came out of the bathroom looking up at me with this devestated look of despair, with tears in his eyes and said "Oh Mimi, I forgot to shake it". I thought I was going die. Bless his little heart! [​IMG]

8. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

You guys sound like wonderful, relaxed moms! You blessed me with reading this. In such a harsh, instant gratification world, it seems like so many people make things like potty training so much more stressful than it needs to be and lose the joy of those precious days. You are sowing more into your children with your kindness and patience than you will ever know.

9. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    One thing I heard that works for boys is to throw a Cherrio in there and tell them to aim!

10. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    That story touched my heart. [​IMG] Thank you for sharing. My "baby" and only child is 14. I miss those moments. Makes me think maybe I could do it again... No, I'm too old. [​IMG] Enjoy the heck out of him!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by