i have the sweetest drake

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovesduckies, May 24, 2010.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    my ducks have been outside for over a week now. my mom said when her and my dad go outside, they just kinda sit there. when i go outside my drake wags his tail, doesn't stop talking, and just follows me everyhere, within the pen. i went in the pen a few days ago to make a repair and he kept tugging at my pant legs. when i was done with my repair, i bent down to pet him. that was all he wanted. [​IMG] today i just went in there to clean the pool and feed them, and again followed me everywhere!! [​IMG]. i layed my arm behind his neck (as if he was my boyfriend) he just sat there, wagging his tail. i swear i was blessed with the best drake in the world!!! my hen doesn't like me much. she used to be a mommy's girl till she became a mommy herself. but she did rum her head and neck on my arm. [​IMG]

just wanted to share and brag about my wonderful little man [​IMG]

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    He is a special boy...and obviously misses the attention he used to get from you..... Lots more cuddles are in order I feel...

3. jujubean99

jujubean99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    I am so jealous! I want a duck like that! My ducks like me, but only for the treats. . . I bet he misses you!

4. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    he does miss me i think. we bonded so much while quackers was on the nest. he made a friend in the mirror, but he liked his mommy more. right before the ducklings hatched i went to vegas for the weekend. poor guy was in the bathroom. that was fun to clean [​IMG] and when i let him out he didn't sit on the counter for hours like he normally would. he jumped down and walked up to me so i gave him a big bear hug for a good few minutes and he didn't even try to bite me like he normally would. he loves his mommy so much. now... to get the ducklings to like me lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by