I have this baby EEer.....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LoneCowboy, Oct 14, 2007.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I ordered all pullets from the hatchery, but I have this one EEer that when all the chick's run away, when I put my hand in the brooder, this one just trots right up to me all cranky and act like it's going to attack my hand. You don't suppose that this little chick could possibly be a roo do you? Do they start displaying their roo-ness at this age (12 days). It sure acted cocky.

2. snugglepup

snugglepup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Creedmoor, NC
    Not necessarily! I've got more than a few hens that act that way, too.

3. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

My young EE'er pullet attacks her brooder mates when they start running around the brooder. She will run in front of them chest up wings out and stop them. She is now being challanged by our Blue Cochin roo, today she lost even though she is bigger then the roo. [​IMG]

4. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    My EE pullet Whisper was like that. She is still very bold and sweet.

5. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    My Mariska is very bold and sweet, she was the first to come to me, jump on me, nap on me, jump on my head, and loves to be petted. I can see by the 4 I have that they all have very different personalities.

6. TurtleChick

TurtleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Tacoma, WA
    my chicks are 2 weeks old tomorrow, and my lil ee'er girl (PLEASE BE A GIRL), Turtle, does the same thing. she's always been the first to run over and eat/drink when i put their food/water back in after refills, first to run up and jump on my hand (or head), first to fly to the edge of the brooder the SECOND i open it, first to grab a treat (yes, yes treats once in awhile - don't worry, we give a little grit too!)... she's a snot to her sisters (PLEASE BE SISTERS) - will fly onto their backs if there's not room for her on my hand or arm. but she's also the only one who doesn't protest at all about being picked up or petted (the others peep when picked up and take a minute to settle down when they're being petted) and always the first to snuggle down in our hands (or next to my face) and go to sleep! she's my favorite already! i love my little turtle-bird. she's sassy and sweet at the same time. [​IMG]

7. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I have to EE girls who are only a week old and they are already much bigger and badder then my other laddies who are salmon favorells, cuckoo marans(2nd biggest girls), and 2 wyndottes. There are my favriot they are the only ones I have named chipmunk and penut. they are much bolder then the others two the shyest are the salmon favorells.

Henry

8. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Ok, I'll relax then. I do have an older one 14 weeks that tried to attack my mom. She was wondering if it was a roo too. She's got way more experience with chickens than I do. Thanks for the input. I guess they are just that way. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by