I have three...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CowgirlPenny, May 5, 2011.

1. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    tiny little d'Uccle chicks nestled together under my neck with a blanket over them. Silence and sleeping chicks.

Long story short,..they were outside in the brooder, it was cold. My dog is missing (escaped off our deck tonight) I was out calling for her again and I could hear them peep. It's cold and I felt bad (even though they were fine) but during the transition to the house they were cold and it took me forever to get the brooder set up. So they are snuggling me for a while, while their brooder heats back up. When I lift the blanket back to look at them, they start peeping like I annoy them. I guess this makes me their mother hen for the next few minutes. LOL

2. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    And a wonderful sounding mother hen at that! The things those little fuzzy butts get us to do........ [​IMG]

3. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    My husband just rolled his eyes and said, "You WISH you were their mother hen." [​IMG]

LOL, um...not hardly. I've been mother hen to three human children thank you. Brooder is warm enough again, so they are happily in there now eating food. Their feeder looks giant next to them!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by