I have to brag,,,,, about my mail lady!

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
My mail lady is Martha, she lives up the road from me. She knows I tend to get eggs and stuff in the mail and when she picks up boxes at the PO across the mountain and there is one for me, she always delivers me first. She has my cell phone number and will call me to find out where I am so she knows what to do with the boxes. It was her that helped me get the PO to pay for damaged eggs my class ordered, she brought a box to school for me even though it's out of her territory, she knew I wasn't home!
Yesterday I got two boxes, one mint and one Turkey eggs, I was at the local hangout having lunch. The door opened and in walks Martha with my boxes! She didn't want them sitting at home in the heat and she knew where I was because she saw my truck.
She's wonderful!
Kate

thumbsup.gif
Thumbs up for Martha the mail lady! You are blessed to have her, our former mail lady was like that, of course then we didn't have any chickens the one we have now is a whole other story!

WOW that is nice! I got my chicks a day early because of one of the post ladies. She delivered them HERSELF to my post office or they would have been waiting in the main office till the next day
smile.png
I wish I knew who it was so I could thank her! What a great thing to do.

how cool. I have a po lady like that too. She's not the mail carrier, she works on the loading dock in the next town. When I get live chicks, they go there first, and if it's a late truck, they wait to bring them till morning. She'll call my cell when they come in-- usually on a Wednesday when I'm in town anyhow.

Quote:
My normal mail lady is great she always brings packages up to the house but not as great as Martha who went out of her way to deliever. Way to go Martha! Now, the fill in carrier is a whole different story.

I'm so glad to hear others have good delivery people and PO people too, because we usually just hear about the bad ones! My area is rural, we all know each other, and we take care of of each other. I found out yesterday Martha's husband is ill, so my son went up there this morning and took care of their dogs and yard work for them. Keep up the good work all those GOOD PO people, maybe it will rub off on the bad ones!

Back
Top Bottom