I have to go out of town and my eggs will hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mom 2em All, May 25, 2008.

1. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    My stepmother is dying of cancer- hospice says it will be any moment. I will be flying to Chattanooga for the funeral. My eggs are due to hatch on Thursday- and I am really upset and dont know how it will turn out. I plan on returning on Saturday.

My husband and kids will be here- but they are clueless. I am going to instruct my ten yr old the best i can- but I can just hope for the best. I sure hope the temps dont go too high and humidity, etc. I am very stressed out and the best thing would be for them to hatch Wednesday morning, a day early.

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Sorry to hear about your stepmother. [​IMG]

I hope the hatch works out with you gone.

3. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    So sorry to hear about the impending loss of your stepmother. If you've explained to your kids what to do, I'm sure they will help out. My 10 year old could do a good job, so I think you're probably ok [​IMG] Will be a good chance for them to show their responsible side [​IMG]

4. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    I know it is upsetting but go and be with your family wihtout worrying. You can hatch eggs again, and hopefully everything will hatch without a problem, were not suppost to help out anyways right. My thoughts are with you and your family right now.

5. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Sorry to here about your S-mom. You both are in my prayers.

6. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

7. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Thank you all very much-

I am very sad. My father called me a few hours ago and told me she has passed away.

8. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Well, my flight is booked for Wednesday morning @ 7am.. I just wished my Day 18 eggs (14 Australorps from Floridachick) best wishes and set them in their cartons in the incubator. The shells are too dark for me to candle anything.

I will return on Saturday afternoon. Sure hope they do okay. [​IMG]

9. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I am so sorry for your loss. My heart go's out to you. Your in my prayers. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by