I have to keep my mouth shut and I hate it!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Apr 21, 2009.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

GRRRRRRRRRR but this I can vent to all. My co-worker just told me she buys chicks to feed to her snake. [​IMG] WHY WOULD SHE SAY that to ME! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ok done.

2. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Why do you have to keep your mouth shut? [​IMG] Can't you tell her she can feed her snake mice?

3. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    Some people are idiots. Plain and simple.

4. debilorrah

Quote:I did tell her that - she said the snake was too big. This particular person is one that I must maintain dignity with - she is easily offended and has a big mouth. [​IMG]

5. Donnadzitall

Donnadzitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Granite Falls WA
    Tell her your chickens like snakes![​IMG] [​IMG]
    I swear some people just either are mean or just dumb!

6. Fancie

Fancie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    I used to breed button quail to sell to someone who used them to feed to snakes. I dunno.... I don't see what is wrong with it??

Baby chicks can't have that much meat on them thou ????

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009
  7. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Quote:I did tell her that - she said the snake was too big. This particular person is one that I must maintain dignity with - she is easily offended and has a big mouth. [​IMG]

aren't most chicks about the size of a mouse? she could feed it rats [​IMG]

8. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

ugh, chicks to a snake! I realize snakes have to eat too although personally I can't stand them. But chicks! Mice and rats are one thing and although people will say we should not differentiate or value one above the other, I personally could not do that to a chick.[​IMG]

9. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I don't have a pet snake, never have. I do know though that some people refuse to feed mice/rats to snakes because they say it could bite them with their nasty rodent teeth worse than say a button quail can with it's beak. I've seen one of my chickens kill a snake though last summer by herself so their beak can hurt a snake just as bad if they wanted to.

10. debilorrah

Quote:What is wrong with it is that she KNOWS I keep my chickens as pets and if any chicks are sold they are expected to go to a home for meat or eggs.

This is the same person that told me she had cabbits (cat/rabbit crosses) [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by