I have to pips now... but my 3 year old son bumped the bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Biddylover, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Biddylover

Biddylover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2009
    Tennessee
    ok so last night the peeping started and this morning I woke up to one piping and just a few minutes ago I was checking it again and noticed another egg piped. They are still peeping back and forth but my 3 year old son was trying to look and slipped, he bumpeed it and all the eggs moved around [​IMG] please tell me they are ok? I haven't opened the bator one time, I just remember your not supposed to move the eggs either. Oh I hope they are going to be ok!!! [​IMG]

2. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I think they will be fine. Once they start hatching it is like they play kickball with all the other eggs in there and they still hatch if they are gonna. Last hatch I had 100% hatch of viable eggs and the first one hatched a good 18 hours before the 2nd.... a lot of kickball going on in the meantime! [​IMG]

3. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    They should be fine! I bumped the bator with my grandson and my hatch rate was still whats to be expected with shipped eggs!

4. Biddylover

May 24, 2009
    Tennessee
    Ok thank you guys! I'm really interested to see if my first hatch will be eventful and so far it has, but now I am attached more with the cute little peeping and rocking eggs and now pipping! [​IMG] Need to sit back and relax lol [​IMG]

5. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    Happy Hatching! I love watching them work their way out of the shells and just "pop" out. I have had some pip, zip, and hatch within 30 minutes but most of them take a while. I think the longest for me has been about 12 hours fromp pip to hatch.

6. iluvsedward

iluvsedward Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2010
    Calvert county MD
    they should be fine. good luck [​IMG]

7. Biddylover

May 24, 2009
    Tennessee
    I am such a nervous new chick mom, I asked and couldn't of been an hour later my first hatched. Now I have another pip and a whole bunch of peeps because this rough and tumbler stumbling around is moving and even pecking at the eggs

8. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    waiting for chicks... (they will be fine) [​IMG]

9. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Quote:Yup! Even my tiny button quail were rolling coturnix eggs around and climbing over them yesterday. Those eggs are 3 times bigger than the ones they'd just hatched out of, too. Kickball is a good description!

10. LaurenM23

LaurenM23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    King George, VA
    Now that you've got at least one out, it'll encourage the others. C'mon chickies!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by