I have to tell my husband that one of his friends has been shot...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Lucky Ducky, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Lucky Ducky

Lucky Ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] and he is in critical condition! [​IMG] [​IMG] My husband is on a job repairing someone's floor and he leaves his cell phone in the truck. I've no idea of the address so I can't just go there and tell him. So now I'm sitting here dreading his returning my call because I know he's going to be DEVESATED!!! [​IMG] This guy is only 26 years old. We are in our early thirties but my husband has known this guy since he worked at the pool as a lifeguard in high school. He was about 16 and his friend would've been about 10. [​IMG] [​IMG] I have to say this will be the hardest thing I've EVER had to tell my husband. I've had to tell him about family members being in the hospital for one thing or another but it was always something that would be alright. They don't expect his friend to make it and he's in a hospital 2 1/2 hours away! [​IMG] [​IMG] Just this morning I was reading the news on Yahoo about all of the people who been killed in mass shootings since March 10th and I was shocked at the death toll across the country. Now I've got someone I know well that has been shot too (though not in a mass shooting). [​IMG] [​IMG] At least my older kids aren't here to see their dad fall apart because he won't fall apart in tears, he'll explode in anger!!! Not at anyone, just over the whole situation. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] So sorry about your friend and having to break the news to your husband... hang in there! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Nancy

3. texaschick-a-dee

texaschick-a-dee Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Texas coast
    awwwwww........I'm so sorry for both you and your husband
    [​IMG]

4. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

May the Lord be with everyone affected by this tragedy. May He keep His hand upon your husband's shoulder and give him strength.

My prayers are with you, your husband, and his friend. [​IMG]

5. momof247371

momof247371 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    I AM SO SORRY! I have been in your husbands position before. When i was a junior in high school i had a friend get shot and killed by his brother- in-law. the man also killed his sister, all in front of their 3 children. then turned the gun on himself 3 days later when the cops tried to break down the door. The mans own brother called the cops and told them what he had done. IF AT ALL POSSIBLE WAIT UNTIL YOUR HUSBAND IS HOME!OR ATLEAST MAKE SURE HE HAS A GOOD COWORKER WITH HIM WHEN YOU TELL HIM THE NEWS, HE WILL NEED SUPPORT, IF YOU CANT BE THERE , MAKE SURE SOMEONE HE TRUSTS IS. MAKE HIM SIT DOWN ALSO. HE IS GOING TO BE IN SHOCK, ANGRY UPSET, ETC. BUT PLEASE DONT INTERNALIZE IT. i AM SO SORRY, IT WONT BE EASY BUT IT HAS TO BE DONE. GOOD LUCK!

6. Lucky Ducky

Lucky Ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, I didn't have to tell him, his best friend did. He is still in ICU BUT they've upgraded his condition to stable!!!! [​IMG] That's much better than him being in critical condition. Now if he'll hang on over the next few days until the danger of infection has passed, I'll feel much better. [​IMG] That's his biggest danger right now. [​IMG]

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thankful to hear that!!!! What a relief for you.

8. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Happy to hear the story got a little better. Keep us posted

Mjd

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by