1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have two ducks in ducky hospital :(

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Goat_Walker, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Well I let the ducks out this morning only to find I have two ducks limping

I caught them and it seems that on the bottom of ones foot it has a large bump on the middle of the middle toe. Nothings broken that I can see or feel.

The other duck is limping but i couldnt figure out what was wrong with it. SO I put them both in the ducky hospital lol.

I'll check up on them later and hopefully the not moving around will help with it.

2. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Poor things and poor you, seems like something is always going wrong with your ducks [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Quote:I think it's odds. The more ducks you have, the more you are likely to see problems.

4. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Thanks [​IMG]

Its just been a really rough winter. In summer I dont really have any problems except snakes comming for the eggs or mice that nest around here. But this winter Ive lost my first ducks, had a bunch injured and... well Im just hoping that my luck changes once My dad gets my pen built, so that i'll have double the space. And with spring I'll be able to sell my extra ducks so my flock will be smaller and easier to herd around lol.

5. L0rraine

L0rraine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    Hope they get better soon. Sometimes a little TLC is all that's needed.

6. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Rest and warm baths in the tub work well. Just ask Microduck!

7. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    They arent limping as heavily now, and have been foraging happily and playing in the water holes [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by