I have TWO PIPS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cluckingcanadian, Apr 30, 2009.

1. cluckingcanadian

cluckingcanadian Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2009
    I went to check on my eggs before jumping on the treadmill and I saw lots of rocking and heard lots of chirping. I went back after my run and saw TWO PIPS on my silkie eggs. There is a lot of rocking from the other eggs and more chirping. Tonight is the beginning of day 20.

This is my second hatch attempt and at day 18 all my eggs (11) had moving babies.

I am so freakin excited I am not sure how I am going to sleep tonight.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  2. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Congrats and [​IMG]

[​IMG] Tomorrow is day 20 for me too, but no pips yet, but all 6 eggs had wiggly babies in them on day 18! [​IMG]

Good luck, keep us posted on how you hatch is going, and once they hatch we "require" pictures, LOL!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  3. kelseygirl707

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    HAHA Disregard the last post I made, I just checked them again (I checked them like 20 Minutes ago) and 1 Cochin egg has a PIP YAY, looks like we're hatching Buddies!!!!!

4. LoveMyBirds

LoveMyBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] .. [​IMG] I hear you... Congrats..

I stayed up with my first group all night last night, went to bed 8:30AM this morning and woke up 11:30AM .. [​IMG] I just seen a pip in my 2nd INC. a few minutes ago, think I'll hit the bed soon though.... [​IMG] Because I'm just to [​IMG]

5. kelseygirl707

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    I just checked and I have a second pip.

I Too stayed up all night with my first hatch, I'm on my 4 hatch in about 2 months now, and I no longer stay up all night, but I do check on them if I wake up in the middle of the night, then if one is zipped and close to hatching, I will stay up until it does. LOL it's still sooo exciting. And I know if my Muscovy Duck hatches I will be up all night with it, also I have 25 Button quail eggs going in on friday, and I'm sure I will be up all night when those begin hatching! [​IMG]

6. cluckingcanadian

cluckingcanadian Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2009
    My first ever baby hatched this morning at 8:55am. I have three other eggs that have pipped and three others still rocking.

Baby #1-A Silkie
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by