I have two polish chicks!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Buster, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Seminolewind sent me some eggs from her polish chickens a little while back. They are out of her white crested black polish rooster and her buff laced hens. DW really wanted some Polish and we are excited to see what these will look like. We had company over until late last night and before they got here I checked for pips and there were none at all. At midnight, I checked again and had two yellow chicks in the bator! This morning they are still doing fine! Thanks Seminolewind!

2. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    [​IMG] Congrats!! [​IMG]

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

[​IMG]

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Buster! That's great! All mine have started out yellow with a few black spots. Now the oldest is like off white with a few black spots.
    So I got 4 out of 6, and I hope you get some more. I'm glad I could give your DW something that she likes. Both parents are the most docile, Roo is gentle with the ladies, and me. Mom is a mush and likes her chest petted, and jumps up on me to check me out in the morning. Roo also has a brother that he gets along with, aside from an occassional spat. They got most affectionate right before they started laying. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by