1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

*I have YET to recieve a email!!*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Tripp16, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Ok so the hatchery called and told me my eggs were going to ship out in 24 hours or less! So I got all excited! They said they would send me a code to my email saying how I cold track my eggs all the way until they get here!

Well it has been almost 24 hours and I have not received a email! If I dont get my eggs or a email by tomorrow I may pass out or die! [​IMG]

I have been waiting for almost 3 WEEKS when I was told they were available the week after I ordered them! Well then they "forgot" to count out my order! [​IMG]

Has anyone had this much trouble ordering eggs? (The hatchery is Mypetchicken) I will most likely order from a individual next go round! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    Any company can have hiccups, CALL the customer service line and get an update. Miscommunication is often the source; or an unforeseen problem.

GIve them a call. Waiting can be very uncomfortable when you suspect something is wrong.

GL

3. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:I have called and they are very nice every time I call I just dont know what their is true or just to keep me at ease! [​IMG]

4. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    Did they give you a date yet? Big hatcheries give shipping dates. The smaller, informal specialty breeders need to be fluid and not tied to a date; they aren't a factory, so to speak. Did you get a date?

5. BasicallyHeather

BasicallyHeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    Lowellville, Ohio
    As far as hatcheries go, I have dealt exclusively with Meyer, and have never been disappointed. Their customer service is fantastic, in my experience. I have had orders shipped and I have also driven to pick up my chicks. Great service every time. I have been tempted by MPC before, but in the end have always stuck with what is tried and true.

I hope that your order arrives safely and soon! Good luck!

6. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    I recently ordered eggs from there but i havent got them yet i placed it saturday.

7. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:The told me I would recieve my eggs on the week of 24th. Then I called this week and they said they would ship out today and I would recieve a email telling me I will soon recieve them! I still havent.... [​IMG]

8. misslady

misslady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    The Great Lakes.
    Quote:The told me I would recieve my eggs on the week of 24th. Then I called this week and they said they would ship out today and I would recieve a email telling me I will soon recieve them! I still havent.... [​IMG]

The first eggs I ever ordered were from MPC also, I had placed my order a month before the week of shipping and it still took two weeks after my expected week of shipping before they finally shipped them, so I understand your frustration. They get their eggs through Gabbard Farms, so you could try calling them and seeing if there is a problem. Hope they arrive soon!! [​IMG]

9. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY

The first eggs I ever ordered were from MPC also, I had placed my order a month before the week of shipping and it still took two weeks after my expected week of shipping before they finally shipped them, so I understand your frustration. They get their eggs through Gabbard Farms, so you could try calling them and seeing if there is a problem. Hope they arrive soon!! [​IMG]

MPC is a broker, they are not a hatchery- they do not hatch and ship - they buy from hatcheries all over and have them shipped.

10. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    I know they aren't a actual hatchery but since it is advertised on this site I figured it would be good. Whats really aggravating is that they told me I would be getting my eggs today. I haven't even gotten a changed email let alone a shipping date!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by