I hear cheeping but it's not even started to come out of the egg! What do i do?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by farm girl, Mar 18, 2013.

1. farm girl

farm girl Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2012
    In the USA
    I hear cheeping but it's not even started to come out of the egg! What do i do? Like 4 at-least, eggs have cheeping out but not even one hole in the eggs. I just noticed it today because some of the eggs are due today and tomorrow so i thought i should look. Oh, i forgot i welt them moving. So are they not ready, or they are ready to come out? What do i do? I have had to help some of them to come out but they had a little hole coming out. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Megan Amber

Megan Amber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Calm down and don't worry. Mine always cheep before they hatch or even pip the shell. They are just calling for there mother. Now would be the perfect time for you to talk back to them. Then when they do hatch they already know your voice!!

3. bugglesmommy

bugglesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

The eggs can cheep for a day or two before ever pipping (making a small hole). The chick will then breathe and finish absorbing the yolk and blood vessels. This may take a day. DO NOT HELP TOO SOON! When they are ready, they will hatch. This is a stressful time but jumping the gun on helping can be fatal.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  4. farm girl

May 6, 2012
    In the USA
    but before when i incubated they died because they could not come out! [​IMG]

5. bugglesmommy

bugglesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  6. Megan Amber

Mar 13, 2013
    Aww, I am sorry to hear that. The general rule of thumb is this -after they pip what from 12-24 hours after they pip to assist in hatching. It is still risky but not as! Good Luck!

7. farm girl

May 6, 2012
    In the USA
    I helped it and it lived!

8. Megan Amber

Mar 13, 2013
    That is excellent to hear!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by