I hear cheeps! How much longer?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by thespinningcottage, Sep 11, 2009.

1. thespinningcottage

thespinningcottage Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2009
    Arcadia, Florida
    We're late in the day on day 20, and one of the sizzle eggs is cheeping like crazy!! How much longer now?? [​IMG]

2. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    Not long! Hope you get a good hatch!

3. leoninathan

leoninathan Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2009
    Hi, I have a chook sitting on duck eggs, I was just wondering if yours was succesful?

4. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    An eternity!!! [​IMG] It seems like it, anyway. Duck eggs usually take 24-48 hours from pip to zip, but I think chicken eggs are quicker. Of course, you don't even have a pip yet, so it could be a while yet. Still, cheeping is a great sign! Congrats!

5. thespinningcottage

Jun 24, 2009
    Arcadia, Florida
    3 pips! I have 3 pips and I see a tiny little beak! Boy is that little guy working. I really need to calm down. Humidity is 73% and temp is 99.1, do these sound okay?
    To new egg: I haven't done the duck eggs yet, these are chickens. Next week I'm putting duck eggs in for my students, I'll definitely keep you posted on those. First I have to get these chicky babies here.. oh my oh my oh my. [​IMG]

6. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    I say 1/2 an hour until it breaks through~ I have been timing mine since they first break through that white linner inside the eggs.

7. thespinningcottage

Jun 24, 2009
    Arcadia, Florida
    At 4 a.m. one of the sizzles zipped out! It has feathered feet! I'll put some pictures up if I can take them through the window later this morning. Not much progress on the others.

8. Pathfinders

Pathfinders Overrun With Chickens

Jan 25, 2008
    Northern KY
    Remember:

DO NOT OPEN THE INCUBATOR!!

Leave it alone for at least another 24 hours. Resist temptation. Go do something else. The chicks and eggs will be fine. The worst thing you can do now is interfere. Your temps and humidity look fine.

Just walk away...

[​IMG]

9. thespinningcottage

Jun 24, 2009
    Arcadia, Florida
    Yes! I am strong. I have not lifted the lid even once. 3 are now active, alert, and healthy looking. There are some pips on 3 other eggs that haven't changed since 4 am. I'm going to be out for the better part of today so that's good, no temptation if I'm not here! [​IMG]

10. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

congratulation on it. [​IMG]

hope them well. [​IMG]

by the way, pathfinders, my duck still alive cause i think i need to help him out. i think there are some condition in which we need to interfere. [​IMG] anyway, hen is much better i believe. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by