I hear chirping...........but no sign of hatching******UPDATE*****

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by luckychik, Sep 25, 2012.

1. luckychik

luckychik In the Brooder

Aug 31, 2012
    The poor dear is making all kinds of noise but no sign of hatching. Should I help it out or leave it alone? IF I need to help it out how do I go about that?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  2. Brookhavens

Brookhavens Songster

Jul 11, 2012
    Brooksville,FL
  3. luckychik

luckychik In the Brooder

Aug 31, 2012
    Thanks...........I have been reading lots of info.........and it seems to be that it could still take a few hours for anything to happen. I will just wait it out.

4. Becci

Becci Chirping

Apr 11, 2012
    AL
    Once you hear peeps, it could be 48 hours or more before hatch. Sit on your hands and don't worry to much!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. barnyardmommy

barnyardmommy Songster

Aug 21, 2012
    Suffolk VA
    Very good idea, "sit on your hands" will keep you out of trouble !!!

6. ChickyBangBang

ChickyBangBang Chirping

Sep 18, 2012
    Sit on your hands, have a friend sit on your hands, have a stranger sit on your hands - but whatever you do, don't sit on the egg.[​IMG]

Good luck with your chick - will say a little chickprayer for him/her.

7. luckychik

luckychik In the Brooder

Aug 31, 2012
    I picked it up this moring..........the chick was coming out the bottom. I turned it up and chipped away some of the egg and saw some blood and put it back. I am off to work so I hope the little guy makes it~ I also chipped away on the wrong end. I feel so bad about it. I am glad I am going to work..........................I hope I have not killed the little guy! I feel just awful!!! :(

8. luckychik

luckychik In the Brooder

Aug 31, 2012
    I came home from work and a leg was sticking out! My hubby said it had been that way for most of the day. SO I pealed off all the egg shell layer and stuck it back in and it came out. It looks a little stiff right now. Its really trying to get up. POOR thing, I think it was just too big for its egg.

Thanks for the help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by