I hear chirping in the bator! Are we getting close to hatching?

lovinmychickens

Chirping
12 Years
Mar 31, 2007
Okay, we are sooooooooo new to this and sooooooooo exicited and nervouse at the same time, please bare with me with all the questions. Okay, so they were put in the bator on the 12th, thought they should have hatched by now, we are seeing at least one of the eight eggs moving, we also hear chirping in the bator. Is this all good news and should we be patient or should we help them out? I guess we should wait a little while longer, right? No one has even cracked yet.

Don't open the bator no matter how much you want to! Let them do their thing. I bet temps were a half degree too low so they are slow to go. Only help after you give the egg at least 24 hrs to try himself after pipping. And when you do help, be very careful. There are posts here you can search with how to help if it comes to that. Since they are just starting to make noise. It may be another 2 full days before they are out. Some of mine start chirping on day 19-20.

Thank you so much Silkie, we are so exicted, we just can't wait, but if you think we are on track, then I will take your word, and we won't open the bator.

Good luck! They are a bit late but best to wait as you don't want them to start sticking to the shell if they dry out. Keep us updated.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom