I hear peeping! Pictures added

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Katy, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I went down to check temps and humidity before I head to bed and I could hear peeping from the hatcher. Can't see any pips yet, but hopefully by morning I will....or better yet...some chicks. This is the first time in a long time I've heard peeping before I could see any pips.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  2. bluedog

bluedog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    East KY
    good luck on your hatch .. hope you get lots of chicks

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Good luck, Katy. Im off to bed so hopefully, I'll see some good news from you in the a.m.

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Thanks! I'm heading to bed here pretty soon too. I'm not even gonna go look until morning!! [​IMG]

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

One pip that I can see this morning....hopefully more will follow!!

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Oh that's good news...I'm so tempted to put eggs in a bator again but I have to be away from home in March and just can't commit to hatching...but I did put some eggies under my Broody Blue hen!...lol...she will take care of them for me....

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I've never had any luck with broodies other than my call ducks. That's one reason I got some silkies...thought maybe I could let them do some of the work when they get old enough!!

I've got both granddaughters today...9 months and 14 months, I usually only have the 9 month old...so I don't think I'll have too much time to run up and down to the basement hovering over the hatcher!!

8. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    No...I think you have your hands full Grandma!!...That was my last week I had the 4 year old here...lol..he did like sitting by the bator tho to watch the hatch...

For sure you won't be running up and down the basement stairs with two !!...lol

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I stuck them both in the playpen and went down to check a bit ago and I could see 4 pips now....2 marans, 2 buff orps...nothing from my surviving SLWs yet.

I always have the 9 moth old, but the 14 month old's babysitter had a baby on tuesday morning so I've got them both for the next 5 weeks or so!

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Just ran down to check and one of the Marans is out and hollering her head off.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by