1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I hear Peeps....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kneit099, Feb 7, 2012.

1. kneit099

kneit099 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2011
    Hartford, WI
    So we are just about ready to have our first set of eggs hatch in the incubator, we are about the 20 or 21st day...only my husband really knows what day we are on.

We have no signs of cracks but I heard some peeps...is this normal? It's not constant but only a few every hour... Is this a sign that I might have cute little babies soon? [​IMG]

I'm just a curious mother hen impatiently waiting, LOL.

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Yes indeed! When you hear that peeping, it's a very good sign.....Talk to those eggs! They will respond to your voice with more peeps! LOL

3. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    there is something magical in hearing those peeps, isnt there? enjoy their first songs!

4. kneit099

kneit099 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2011
    Hartford, WI
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] We did it! I knew those peeps would mean something....this just makes me so happy!

5. SherrieT

SherrieT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Barrington, RI
    Congrats!

6. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    Aww![​IMG]Congrats![​IMG]

7. omegorchards

omegorchards Chillin' With My Peeps

Be sure you dont get too excited and open the incubator too much. Its hard but you dont want to lower the humidity too much. Not opening the incubator is like looking at a chocolate cake you
    cant eat!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by