1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I heard a bluebird :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by farmertank, Mar 6, 2009.

1. farmertank

farmertank Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    Linden TN
    I'm so excited [​IMG] I moved in my house 2 years ago and there wasn't a wild bird to be found. I put out feeders and put up houses. I got the usual chickadees and cardinals, and crows lol but nothing else. the houses stayed empty and it wasn't till last fall that I got my fist humming birds. But I deffinatly heard a Bluebird this morning. I hope he/she is checking out the houses. Oh how I love spring!!

Julie

2. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:Canadian geese land at a pond by my house every year coming and going. That was a couple of days ago. Spring at last. March came in like a lion here. It was the only day we saw some stuff that resembled snow. [​IMG] Enjoy your bluebird.

3. farmertank

Apr 28, 2007
    Linden TN
    Yes March came in like a lion here too. The snow was even sticking to the ground here [​IMG]. That doesn't happen often.

I'm home on my lunch break and I can still hear him sing. I can't see him though maybe it's a female and is blending in. I have to find some meal worms and put them out. Of course my chickens will figure out how to climb the feeder and get them [​IMG]

Julie

4. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:Canadian geese land at a pond by my house every year coming and going. That was a couple of days ago. Spring at last. March came in like a lion here. It was the only day we saw some stuff that resembled snow. [​IMG] Enjoy your bluebird.

I have seen Canada geese flying overhead, but it is still only 12F, so, not spring quite yet!

5. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    [​IMG] Spring is here! We just had our first pair of the year take up residence in one of our boxes.

6. farmertank

Apr 28, 2007
    Linden TN
    Oh I'm so jealous I so hope this one sees my houses and stick around. Maybe if I put up a big sign that reads "vacant Bluebird houses, rent is free" [​IMG]

Julie

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  7. HiDelight

HiDelight Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    Start a blog! Seriously it would be so nice my husband started this one on wild birds in our area

here it is if you would like to see it ..also just doing a flicker site is fun and easier than a blog

http://birdmandea.blogspot.com/

http:[email protected]/?saved=1

(hope you do not mind me giving him a shameless plug but this has opened up so much dialog for him with other birders in our area)

bluebirds are magnificant! good for you!!!

I hear the flickers drumming away ..at least a block away this year!!! already and am very relieved my house was not the one of choice (yet) r [​IMG] usually every spring one very determined boy will start beating on the side of our chimney ..he loved the accoustics I guess...

I love him for about 2 days then it just gets old!!!

I love spring the eagles are nesting over the water ..all the birds are frisky it is coming even though it is very cold out I feel things brightening up! YAY!!!

8. granmahen

granmahen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Bakersfield, CA
    [​IMG] I LOVE spring!

9. mrkpero

mrkpero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    I love bluebirds! We built our home three years ago and one of the first things we did was put bluebird houses up. Last year my husband got me a large purple martin house and dontcha know, the bluebirds took over the whole 20 room house! But they did hatch 3 babies! They would all come and bathe in the birdbath and dry themselves on the clothesline. I can't wait for spring again! Hopefully yours will decide to nest as well:)
    Robyn

10. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
    I had my first sighting for the year of a pair of bluebirds this moring too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by