I heard a new one yesterday

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by citychickx6, Oct 8, 2011.

1. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    So someone where I work was saying not to eat eggs from the pullets since they are full of yucky stuff. [​IMG]
    I asked what yucky stuff. He was all like you know when they start up a well they have to get the debris out of the pipes.
    Pretty sure my pullets don't have "debris" in those pipes. Made me lol and kind of [​IMG] at the same time.
    I know they are safe to eat and hey those folks that are all college educated where I work had to have it explained that a rooster is not needed in order for a hen to lay an egg. [​IMG]

2. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    the things people come up with... [​IMG] I had my mother-in-law tell me that you can tell if an egg is female or male by the shape of the egg (she said if it's pointy it's a roo if it's roundish it's a girl) [​IMG]

3. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    LOL so I guess the first children out of a young mother need tossing too? The things people believe! [​IMG]

4. LT

LT Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    West Fork
    Quote:I thought the same thing when I read that post!

5. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    Be right back, I have to go throw my kid away! He's full of all kinds of yucky stuff I bet!

6. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    Oh while you're at it throw my rotten one away as well [​IMG]

7. Joe Indiana

Joe Indiana New Egg

Dec 21, 2010
    I find that most people are very interested in learning something new. I have had a lot of people tell me I won't get eggs without a rooster. When I tell them that you don't need a rooster to get eggs most people just say "I never knew that". Of course, we all run into people that think they know everything - God bless 'em. [​IMG]

8. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    Quote:LOL, I had some lady insist that we needed a rooster. The only way I got her to understand was telling her hens laying eggs is like having a period, you don't need a man around for one of those.

It's funny how people think they know everything.

9. confusedturtle

confusedturtle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Virginia
    My dad still argues with me that a hen does not need a rooster to lay an egg. I have told him so many times and he says, I lived on a farm and we had both, so you need both! So frusterating sometimes.

10. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    I am still [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I need to catch my breath and toss some kids out too. Not only is there yucky stuff all up in there but I am sure that after all this time they are spoiled.
    Don't need any blowing up on me with all that yucky stuff.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by