I heard a new one yesterday

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by citychickx6, Oct 8, 2011.

1. citychickx6

citychickx6 Songster

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    So someone where I work was saying not to eat eggs from the pullets since they are full of yucky stuff. [​IMG]
    I asked what yucky stuff. He was all like you know when they start up a well they have to get the debris out of the pipes.
    Pretty sure my pullets don't have "debris" in those pipes. Made me lol and kind of [​IMG] at the same time.
    I know they are safe to eat and hey those folks that are all college educated where I work had to have it explained that a rooster is not needed in order for a hen to lay an egg. [​IMG]

2. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Songster

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    the things people come up with... [​IMG] I had my mother-in-law tell me that you can tell if an egg is female or male by the shape of the egg (she said if it's pointy it's a roo if it's roundish it's a girl) [​IMG]

3. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    LOL so I guess the first children out of a young mother need tossing too? The things people believe! [​IMG]

4. LT

LT Songster

Aug 21, 2011
    West Fork
    Quote:I thought the same thing when I read that post!

5. Impress

Impress Songster

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    Be right back, I have to go throw my kid away! He's full of all kinds of yucky stuff I bet!

6. stone_family3

stone_family3 Songster

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    Oh while you're at it throw my rotten one away as well [​IMG]

7. Joe Indiana

Joe Indiana Hatching

Dec 21, 2010
    I find that most people are very interested in learning something new. I have had a lot of people tell me I won't get eggs without a rooster. When I tell them that you don't need a rooster to get eggs most people just say "I never knew that". Of course, we all run into people that think they know everything - God bless 'em. [​IMG]

8. stone_family3

stone_family3 Songster

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    Quote:LOL, I had some lady insist that we needed a rooster. The only way I got her to understand was telling her hens laying eggs is like having a period, you don't need a man around for one of those.

It's funny how people think they know everything.

9. confusedturtle

confusedturtle Songster

Apr 6, 2011
    Virginia
    My dad still argues with me that a hen does not need a rooster to lay an egg. I have told him so many times and he says, I lived on a farm and we had both, so you need both! So frusterating sometimes.

10. citychickx6

citychickx6 Songster

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    I am still [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I need to catch my breath and toss some kids out too. Not only is there yucky stuff all up in there but I am sure that after all this time they are spoiled.
    Don't need any blowing up on me with all that yucky stuff.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by