i heard of this is it ture?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DragunzGirl, Aug 15, 2008.

1. DragunzGirl

DragunzGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2008
    I heard bad eggs will blow up in the incubator if not took out, is this true? i only heard it one time.

2. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes they will.

3. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I have heard they can but I have never had it happen. I am so glad that it hasn't.
    Chris

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

They can and it makes a horrible smelly mess that contaminates your other eggs. If you start noticing a bad smell when you check your bator you need to check the eggs and throw out the bad one.

5. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

yes they will! i have had it happen and it is not fun [​IMG] it ended up infecting all my other eggs from the bacteria. thats why its a good thing to check the egs ( candle and smell them ) when the day is right

6. DragunzGirl

Aug 9, 2008
    wow ... well its day 8 for my eggs. This is my frist time with chicken eggs so im new to it :\\. there also light and dark brown eggs so its not easy to see in them.

How long should i wait till i need to throw a egg away? i'll keep candling them every day to keep check. I think i have 3 or 4 bad eggs out of 12. But im not sure i want to keep the eggs still for at least another week but i just hope that none blows up on me....

7. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    bad eggs will smell and sometimes weep liquid candle at 10 days on brown eggs you can see more

8. katrinag

I would wait a couple more days and see how things go. Then toss out any that are bad.

9. DragunzGirl

Aug 9, 2008
    kk will do. I just candled all 12 i saw 4 out of the 12 that did look strange. I marked the 4 and put them in there own spot in the bator. All the others i saw something moving. One of the ones i think is bad had a long red line in it, and was clear in most of the egg well not very clear but a very light red/yellow clear color.

any way i'll just check them all again on day 10.

10. katrinag

Let us know how it goes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by