I heard peeping from under my broody:) more pics 3.5 babies lol

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by skillswife, Aug 11, 2011.

1. skillswife

skillswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    I checked to see if she wanted out this morning and she just growled at me, then I heard some faint peeping! Yay, yay, yay. Hope I am not imagining things, she won't let me see under her though so I have no idea what is going on. Today was my original projected hatch day. [​IMG] I am so excited and so not patient in waiting to meet the new little babies! [​IMG] I am dying to see if they are Rusty the RIR's babies, or the mottled bantam cochins or a mix, is that possible? Anyhow the egg mommy is Cluck Cluck our partridge bantam cochin, the broody is Millie our Millie Fleur D'Uccle.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  2. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    [​IMG] wooohooo [​IMG]

3. dacdeihl

dacdeihl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2009
    NorthEast, In
    Whoooo Hoooo!!!

4. skillswife

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    Ok so she got off her nest for a drink and eat and there are at least 3 pips that I can see and still peeping. This waiting is going to drive me insane!

5. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    I form't think thy got off their nests for the last 3 days. None of my girls ever did and especially if they were pipping watch her close. Is she young?

6. skillswife

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    She is young, do I need to be worried if she is off briefly? She is in a large next box with food and water, but where she has her eggs she has to get off the eggs to get the food/water. EEEK! This is making me nutty!

7. skillswife

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    Guess I am going to have to monitor carefully, and without being too in her face about it. I am so worried about these 6 little babies! I hope her getting off the pipped eggs didnt' shrink wrap them!

8. calgal98

calgal98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nature will take care of them. I bet they will be just fine. How did chickens survive without us for so long?? I have to laugh at myself sometimes thinking I can make it better! :)

9. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:I would keep an eye on her. If they were in a bator we won't open it. Keep us updated I also have a young girl on one egg due any day now. Thought it was pipped last night. I will see what is up when I get home from work

10. skillswife

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    Quote:For sure! Well there are 2 chicks out now, so it was fine, not sure if the 3rd egg was actually pipped or not, its hard to tell without disturbing her. The 2 that are out look like they have mottled bantams for their daddy, but its too early to see much at all.
    Come on you 4 little eggies that are left!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by