I hope everyone is OK in the tornado belt

Discussion in 'Quail' started by kahlertm, Apr 29, 2011.

1. kahlertm

kahlertm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    Durango, Colorado
    We have a lot of Quail keepers in the path of destruction these last days. I hope you are all well and I am thinking of you, worrying for you and your animals.
    I will think good thoughts for anyone who was in mother natures path, and for their animals.

Tonya

2. Riffecreek

Riffecreek Chukar Junky

May 29, 2010
    Dunnville, Ky.
    I hate to hear it too! We were lucky here! If anyone lost their quail in the storms, I would be willing to ship them free brown coturnix eggs if they'd like.

I'm sure right now, they have more important things on their mind.. but when they are ready, I could ship! That's all I have laying right at the moment that I'm not setting like crazy. In a few weeks, I may have some ring necks I could send with the quail eggs.

3. kahlertm

Jun 28, 2010
    Durango, Colorado
    Quote:You are a good person to the point of tears for me. Good people here.

xxoo
    T

4. B. Kossum

B. Kossum Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2010
    I'm in Hattiesburg, Mississippi and I can't tell you how many tornado warnings we've had in the past couple of weeks. But luckily everything has stayed just north of us. Lot of folks have lost everything.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  5. kahlertm

Jun 28, 2010
    Durango, Colorado
    B. Kossum :

I'm in Hattiesburg, Mississippi and I can't tell you how many tornado warnings we've had in the past couple of weeks. But luckily everything has stayed just north of us. Lot of folks have lost everything.

Thank god you are OK. I am really glad you are alright. Your state has seen tooo much pain. I'm sorry that you even had to hear the alarms over and over. I can't imagine the stress...what to do with all my babies? Let em fly or put them under something? People take the dogs and cats but the birds and farm animals are so hard. Sometimes ther isn't even enough time to get the cats and dogs.....or yourself out of the way.
    Thanks for sharing about this, but I AM sorry you were so close.

I am with Riffle creek too. I would send a doz of my gilrs (Coturnix) fertile eggs that are just now starting up to anyone who needed them...It takes me a while to get a doz as I am so new, but I would.

Tonya​

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  6. gamebirdboy

gamebirdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    It was a near miss here in Tennessee. There were tornadoes all around me. There was one 2 miles across and a funnel cloud that turned into a tornado just a half mile from my house. All of my quail and chickens are fine, I hope everyone else's are too.

7. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

i too could provide a dozen Coturnix eggs for the asking to anyone in need....[​IMG]

8. huntinwidow

huntinwidow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Warrior Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Thank you all for your well wishes. The worst of the destruction was a few miles from me. We had very minimal damage (20-50 trees down unsure right now how many).
    No loss of life or damage to property though thank God. There were several people that I work with who cannot say the same. Some lost loved ones, one lost a leg and more than one lost their house entirely.

9. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

So nice to be part of a careing bunch of friends! [​IMG] I hatched out 50 A&M quail during the closest tornadoes, but they didn't mind!

10. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    We were lucky here, but the twisters teased us all around last week. One touched down about a mile from here, and destroyed a cabin, and lots of dwellings around it. We were very fortunate. There was some damage around here, but nothing like in Smithville, Ms., Northeast of here. It wiped out the entire town, and my wife's great aunt was a victim. She was in her 90's, and living alone (but very active). They just found her body Saturday, and there are many more missing.

Not to mention the poor Alabama folks, this was a very bizarre weather week......and I can only sympathize for them, along with all others that had loss of family and properties.

God is alive, folks. And he sends us reminders such as this, that we really don't understand, reminding us that he is still alive. But, I'm here to tell'ya..........If you believe his son died on the Cross for you, and accept him as your Lord & Savior, you will one day understand why these bad things happened!

Only because I care about y'all,
    Randall

Last edited: May 1, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by