I Hung a Cabbage &.....

CK Chickadilly

Songster
11 Years
Sep 11, 2008
West Michigan
they don't like it!

Seems like everyone elses chickens love their cabbage.....what the heck is wrong with mine?
idunno.gif

Should I take it down & chop it up & put it in a suet basket? GRRRR!!! Crazy chooks!

sometimes it just seems to take them a couple tries to get used to things. such creatures of habit. They can be scared by almost anything new, but maybe in a day or two?

try collard greens
smile.png
i give mine everyday to my chickens, and they have a blast with it.

or apple halves. especially during winter

yum!

I will let it hang for a couple of days, maybe they will check it out tomorrow. They will be definately bored tomorrow since we are getting another blizzard!
sad.png

Mine have had apples but I have to dice them up finely or they won't eat them. GRRRR....spoiled chooks!
lol.png

I guess the cabbage just doesn't compare with the PB&J sandwich I made & put in a suet feeder!
smile.png
They LOVE that!!!!!

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy :

I just tied up a ham bone with some twine to hang in the coop. I think it will be a bit messy in there in the morning but I didn't want to make soup. lol

isnt ham bad for them cause of the salt????​

Ours were terrified of the lettuce we tied up the first time, but by the next day they had absolutely destroyed it! Same for when we put the cabbage up next time...They also seemed to like whole apples tied to the roof / fastened to a wall of the coop. I think they liked the crunching sound when they pecked more than the actual taste
roll.png

Spaghetti strands tied so they dangle down are funny, too, watching all the chickens jump for them and chase these wriggling strands of spaghetti
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom