I just added geese to my order

GockeyEgg

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jan 10, 2008
PA
I added 2 geese to my order shipping on the 27th. I was reading about using geese to help weed the garden(we plant a huge garden). I really want to try it. Poor DH has to rototill the garden about a million times during the summer to keep up with the weeds. Really, I was just thinking of him.
big_smile.png

Congratulations! Geese are my favorite animals on the farm, I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Two geese are not going to accomplish tons in the way of weeding. I have around 30 in the height of Summer, and you can definitely see their work. Also, geese instinctively eat shoots, so don't let them in there until most of your garden is established to a decent height... then they'll be eating only weeds which are germinating.

Also, don't let them near the lettuce. They go ape for the leafy greens and will help themselves.

One word PREEN it works!!! I use it in my garden and it keeps it weed free for 6 weeks! You have to make sure your garden is started and the plants are a few inches tall, then do one good weeding and sprinkle the preen down. WORKS!!!

he he he what a wonderful gift for your husband!!! I didn't even think of letting the geese in the garden last year (i had a duh moment) Corse it didn't help that nothing grew because of the extram heat and lack of rain LOL C

Back
Top Bottom