I just bought 2 chicks at TSC and I have to restrain myself from buying more!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by edible_chicken, Mar 28, 2012.

1. edible_chicken

edible_chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Ohio
    We are moving to SC in May and my wife said I could get as many chicks I want after we move. i have been doing very good until yesterday. Our BO has been broody for several months and been very protective of her eggs. I figured I would buy one chick for her to mother to fix the problem *and my excuse to get more chicks) Well, I ended up buying two, you know, just in case [​IMG]. our BO has done well with the baby chicks but we haven't let the chicks alone with her. the other BOs have been pecking the chicks. we are working with them and today they have done better at not pecking the baby chicks.

now i want to go back buy more chicks! i had so much fun with them I came very, very close buying all 50 chicks. i have always wanted a big chicken farm for a long time. i cannot wait until we move because my dream will become a reality!
    [​IMG]

btw, the chicks we bought are a RIR and a barred rock. my guess the RIR is a hen and BR is a rooster!

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Congratulations! [​IMG] I would think the broody would protect the chicks from the other birds, no?

3. edible_chicken

May 15, 2011
    Ohio
    i have them wrapped up in a towel and asleep on my chest. they're absolutely sweet!

4. edible_chicken

May 15, 2011
    Ohio
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. mom29

mom29 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2012
    Ohio
    I feel your pain every time I walk into TSC I check to see what kind they have in and coo[​IMG] over how cute they are, buuuuuuuttt I only have permission [​IMG] to buy Americanas for now cause we are hatching 10 Bantams soon[​IMG] and depending on the success of the hatch we can get more...Good Luck on your move and your Mama hen![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by